Career Development Services (CDS) provides students and alumni of Hunter College with advising, resources, and counseling to help apply your liberal arts education to a lifetime of opportunities.
When thinking about your future, it’s important to:
- Evaluate yourself. Understand and identify what is important to you and how that relates to your future. Using the tools on Focus 2 is a good place to start.
- Explore your interests. Attending seminars, Hunter career fairs and panels, taking interesting electives, and gaining work experience through internships and jobs are all helpful ways to explore how your interests merge with real world opportunities.
- Gain skills and make a plan for the future. Writing a resume or cover letter is a crucial part of finding a job or internship. CDS can help with writing and formatting your essay and cover letter, in addition to helping you prepare for interviews and getting you ready for graduate school.
Career Fairs, Panels, and Workshops
Hunter provides many opportunities for you to learn about careers, explore topics that interest you and to network with professionals in your field of interest. Be sure to take advantage of these opportunities and event dates offered by CDS:
- Guest speakers from various organizations provide valuable information and networking opportunities.
- Career development and job search workshops—with employers chosen from various fields— designed to help you with job search preparation.
- Career Fairs with employers recruiting students for part-time or full-time employment.
Want some additional help or advice?
CDS has walk-in hours on Wednesday, 9:00AM-5:00PM. Or make an appointment by calling or emailing our office.