Registration Appeal Request
The Registration Appeal Request should be used if you wish to add or drop courses from your registration after the standard registration and/or tuition & fees payment period. Your request will be reviewed and a decision will be made by the Registration Appeals Committee within ten (10) business days. Requests seeking to add a course require an instructor’s signature for each course addition. In some circumstances, approval may also be required by the academic department; however, this will be sought on your behalf by the Registration Appeals Committee, where applicable.
- The Registration Appeals Committee is the only college-wide body authorized to review appeals regarding registration and will provide a final decision.
- Registration Appeal Requests are granted in extreme cases and when there are documented and compelling reasons to grant an exception to the College’s or CUNY’s policies and/or procedures.
- Sitting in a class, negligence, employment issues, financial constraints, software and hardware problems, unsatisfactory academic progress, lack of preparation and vacation plans, for example, are not normally sufficiently compelling reasons to grant approval.
- For courses you wish to add, you are required to submit the “Course Request & Faculty Support Form” and include any additional relevant documentation to support your appeal.
- The Registration Appeals Committee will make every effort to notify you of their decision within ten (10) business days. You will receive the Committee’s decision via your @myHunter email address.
- The decision made by the Registration Appeals Committee is final and cannot be further appealed.
- If you have not received a decision after ten days, you may contact the Registration Appeals Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Submit Your Registration Appeal Request
- Download and complete the Registration Appeal Request form →
- Send your completed form to the instructor for approval. You will need an instructor’s signature and date for each course you wish to add. Incomplete requests will not be considered.
- Upload your completed form including instructor signatures (where applicable) and any supporting documentation via the Registration Appeal Request Uploader at www.hunter.cuny.edu/registrationappeal.