The Office of Student Activities and Leadership Development is responsible for registering over 100 student clubs, organizations and publications each year. All student groups must register before they are chartered by their governing body.
In accordance with CUNY Board of Trustee Bylaws: Article XV “any group of students may form an organization, association, club or chapter…*”
To establish charter, a student group must have a minimum of 10 currently registered students, including an executive board (president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer).
All officers must meet minimum requirements:
- G.P.A. – 2.0 (Undergraduate) 3.0 (Graduate) G.P.A. must be earned at Hunter College.
- Credits – 6.0 (Undergraduate) 3.0 (Graduate)
- Complete Sexual Assault and Alcohol training
- First semester students cannot hold office, you must have earned a GPA at Hunter College.
- Club membership and club events are open to all currently registered students.
All organization meetings must be publicized in advance and opened to the public. This includes committee and subcommittee meetings. Meeting minutes and votes must be recorded and maintained.
All organization events must be operated by the student organization and be for the benefit of currently enrolled students provided that the activity does not violate laws and rules of the nation, city, state, university and college. Students may not charter an organization or publication that is military or semi-military in character, or “with a program against the religion, race, ethnic origin or identification or sex of a particular group or makes systematic attacks against the religion, race, ethnic origin or sex of a particular group.