The Commencement Ceremony is Hunter’s culminating event held at the conclusion of both the Fall and Spring semesters to celebrate those students who are candidates for official graduation.
Hunter College 220th Commencement Ceremony
When: Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 3:00 PM
Where: Hunter College Assembly Hall, North Building, 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065
Academic Regalia (Caps, Gowns, Tassels, Hoods, Cords)
Academic regalia must be worn by all candidates participating in the ceremony. Pre-orders will be accepted online through the Shakespeare & Co. Bookstore website and may be picked up at the Shakespeare & Co. Bookstore storefront (located at 939 Lexington).
Pre-Order and Save!
Online orders placed during the pre-order period will receive a $10 discount!
Online pre-ordering for academic regalia will be available for students and faculty beginning Monday, October 21 through Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Cap and gown purchases made online can be picked up at the Shakespeare & Co. Bookstore (located at 939 Lexington) beginning Monday, January 6, 2020.
In-Store (Late) Orders
In-store orders will be accepted at the Shakespeare & Co. Bookstore (located at 939 Lexington) beginning Monday, January 6 through Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Pricing is as follows:
- Bachelor’s Package (includes cap, gown, tassel, hood): $69*
- Master’s Package (includes cap, gown, tassel, hood, cords): $89*
- Doctorate Package (tam, gown, hood, tassel): $139*
*Late and/or in-person orders may be subject to additional charges.
Tassel colors correspond to each graduation candidate’s academic school. Please be ready to provide this information at the time of purchase. Tassel colors are as follows:
- School of Arts and Sciences: White tassel
- School of Education: Light Blue tassel
- School of Health Professions: Kelly Green tassel
- School of Nursing: Apricot tassel
- School of Social Work: Citron tassel
- School of Urban Public Health: Kelly Green tassel
Please consult with your respective academic or scholarship programs for additional information regarding honor chords. Salutatorians may purchase their stoles in person from Shakespeare & Co.