On Campus Dining
There are many choices for food on and around Hunter College. Explore the campus cafeterias and get to know the surrounding neighborhood for even more options.
Dining facilities are available on the main campus at 68th Street, the Brookdale Campus, and the School of Social Work.
More information coming soon!
Eat and Study
Looking to escape the noise of the city for a bit?
The Hunter College campus at 68th Street features two outdoor terraces with beautiful cascading gardens. With its bird’s eye view of Lexington Avenue and green foliage, the West Building’s larger terrace offers a spacious reprieve. The East Building’s smaller terrace, with vibrant flowers and natural ivy canopy, offers numerous tables and chairs–ideal for studying or socializing.
HW 217 Lounge
Hunter College’s second floor lounge features several places to sit and study.
Digital Diner Booths
On the 3rd floor of the East building, outside the Leon & Toby Cooperman Library, you can connect your laptop and work as you eat.
The HW 217 Lounge and Third Floor Cafeteria in the West Building have microwaves for heating up food.
It’s New York City! Hunter’s urban campus location means there are countless places nearby to eat. Better yet? Several of them offer discounts to Hunter students with a valid student I.D.
Places to eat near Hunter:
- Hale & Hearty (849 Lexington Ave)
- Le Pain Quotidien (861 Lexington Ave)
- Chipotle (1153 3rd Avenue)
- Pastafina Pizzeria (876 Lexington Ave)
- Americas Burgers and Wraps (1159 3rd Ave)
- Corrado Bread and Pastry (960 Lexington Ave)
- Mariella Pizza (965 Lexington Ave)
- Dos Toros Taqueria (1111 Lexington Ave)
- Chatime (695 Park Ave)
- Burger Heaven (804 Lexington Ave)
- Ajisai Japanese Fusion (795 Lexington Ave)
- Elim Deli Café (851 Lexington Ave)
- Gotham Coffee House (1298 2nd Ave)
- The Roadside Grill (68th Street and Lexington Avenue)
- Neil’s Coffee Shop (961 Lexington Ave) (10% off with student ID)
- Gourmet Bagel (874 Lexington Ave) (10% off with student ID)
- Cafe Classico (35 W 57th St) (10% off in-house dining with valid student ID)
Coffee shops near Hunter:
- Gregory’s Coffee (878 Lexington Ave)
- Shakespeare and Co (939 Lexington Ave) (10% off with student ID)
- Bel Ami Cafe (30 East 68th St)
- Dunkin’ Donuts (882 Lexington Ave) (10% off with student ID)
- Starbucks (1128 3rd Ave)
- Nespresso Madison Boutique & Cafe (761 Madison Ave)
- M’O il gelato (956 Lexington Ave)
- Padoca Bakery (359 East 68th St)
- Birch Coffee (134 1/2 E 62nd St)
- Juice Bar (1371 3rd Ave)