Graduate Student Association (GSA) Conference Travel Award
Registered Hunter College graduate students are eligible to receive a one-time GSA Conference Travel Award for reimbursement of registration, travel, and/or lodging expenses associated with attending a professional or academic conference.
Awards shall be determined and allocated by the Graduate Student Association and may include:
Up to $500 for conference/event registration and travel/lodging for a conference attendee. Up to $600 for conference/event registration and travel/lodging for a conference presenter.
Applicants must submit the following at least 4 weeks prior to travel:
- GSA Application Conference Travel Award Application
- CUNY Travel Approval Form/Waiver (PDF)
- One-page flyer for conference or a one-page itinerary indicating what you plan to do.
Dates and Deadlines
Applications must be submitted by the deadline stated on the application. Travel must conclude no later than June 1st of each academic year. Documents for reimbursement must be received no later than June 15th of each academic year.
The applicant must submit upon return:
- Itemized receipt(s)
- Proof of attendance – picture of conference badge, etc.
- Card statement (If you made payment via debit or credit card) – you may redact any information that is not pertinent to the processing of your reimbursement.
Reimbursement will take approximately 6-10 weeks.
- Registration/Conference Fees
- Airline, Train or Bus Ticket: If awarded the reimbursement will cover the cost of air, train or bus expenses. Car rental or ground transportation expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Hotel, Hostel, Retreat/Conference Center: If awarded the reimbursement will cover the cost of a hotel, hostel or retreat/conference center. AirBNB or private residence expenses will not be reimbursed.