Join The Spirit Squad
The Purple and Gold Spirit Squad is a dance/pep team that promotes school spirit at student activity and athletic events. Students selected to join the Spirit Squad must be available to attend a summer camp, rehearse 2-3 times a week during the academic year and commit to personal physical conditioning.*
- Must be a currently registered or newly admitted Hunter College student.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Must possess and maintain the physical fitness required to rehearse and perform.
- Selected students must maintain enrollment and good academic standing in the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters.
The Audition Process
Student interested in auditioning must submit a video performing a short combination choreographed by our Spirit Squad instructor.
View the choreography on our Instagram @hcstudent.activities
Audition look and attire:
- Wear attire that is presentable and comfortable for movement. Suggested attire: Dance shorts, leggings, unitard or biketard. Fitted dance top.
- Wear footwear that is appropriate for your dance skill and the surface on which you are dancing. Suggested footwear: Barefoot, dance sneakers, sneakers or jazz shoes.
- Performance ready look – wear performance ready make-up and hair styles that are appropriate for a dance team.
Pro tip: Google college and professional dance member profiles for inspiration. You may also watch Youtube videos for hair styling and make-up tutorials.
Making your video:
- Before you begin the video, please state your name and Student ID (CUNYfirst ID) number.
- Please ensure that you are in a safe space dancing on a non-slip surface, with enough room to perform the choreography.
- Perform in a space with good lighting and if possible zero to minimal disruption.
- We recommend using a secondary device to play your music, while you record your video.
In preparation for auditions, students are invited to attend our virtual classes on: May 18, 20, 22, 25 from 6-7pm.
Please complete the interest form to receive the link to the virtual classes.
Audition Submission Deadline: Friday, June 12 before 11:59pm
*The Office of Student Activities will adhere to Hunter CUNY COVID-19 guidelines and maintain social distance. All the summer camp sessions and rehearsals will take place in a designated virtual setting until further notice.