If you are attempting to remove a course/grade (FIN/W/WU/WN/WD grades only) or disputing a charge in your tuition, you will need to file a deletion request form. The form can also be found in the Office of Advising, Room 1119 of the East Building. This form is only for Undergraduate-level courses, fees, and charges.
Be sure to read all of the information to ensure that you know the restrictions and guidelines.
- Student Activity, Technology and Consolidated Services fees are non-refundable.
- Application fees of any kind are non-refundable regardless of whether a student chooses to attend the college or not.
- Commitment fees are also non-refundable.
Deleting Courses and Grades Still On Your Record
When you are attempting to delete a course or grade (FIN/W/WU/WN/WD grades only), you will need to submit the Deletion Request and the Last Date of Attendance form. The Office of Advising has no jurisdiction over Incompletes or F letter grades. If you have an INC grade or F grade, you will need to contact the professor of the course so that a Change of Grade can be submitted to Records, Room 223 of the North Building. The grade must be changed into a WU. Once it changes over, your request can be reviewed.
You should also provide any documentation (medical documentation, letter from employer, boarding pass, etc) if you had extenuating circumstances surrounding your inability to attend the course.
How to Fill Out the Deletion Request Form
- Fill out your personal information.
- If you would like to dispute a percentage charge, you will need to check off which you are disputing. Refer to the Hunter College Academic Calendar or Registration Schedule to verify what charge you should have on your account. In the blank side beside the percentage, put down the number of charges you have. For each class you drop, there will be a percentage charge. If you are disputing an $18.00 Change of Program fee or a $25.00 Late Registration fee, select accordingly. If none of the above apply to you, please specify in the Other box.
- If courses or grades are still reflected on your record, you will need to provide the information for the courses accordingly. This information can be found under your CUNYfirst account.
- Provide an explanation in the available space detailing why you are requesting a deletion request.
- Check off that you have read and understood all the information on the form. Provide your signature and date of the request.
- Attach any documentation necessary for your request
- Submit your form to the Office of Advising, Room 1119 of the East Building. Completed requests will be reviewed by a dean in the Dean of Students office. Please allow 5-10 business days for notification of decision (through e-mail.) Incomplete requests or missing documentation will delay processing. Deletion of courses in which grades were posted requires additional time for processing.
When disputing a charge for dropping a course in the first three weeks of school, you are entitled to an automatic partial refund of your tuition for the class(es) you drop. Please refer to the Hunter College Academic Calendar or Registration Schedule to verify deadlines for partial refunds.
If you drop a course any time before the official first day of classes at Hunter, you will receive 100% of your tuition for that course. In the weeks following the first day of classes, tuition refunds will be prorated accordingly:
25% charge →automatic 75% tuition refund
50% charge →automatic 50% tuition refund
75% charge →automatic 25% tuition refund
If you drop a course and are given a 50% or a 25% charge, you will need to provide additional documentation. The last date of attendance form must be brought to the professor of the course verifying your last date of attendance or if you never attended at all. It must have the departmental stamp and the professor’s signature in order to be processed.
- If you drop a course after the deadline passes for any partial refund and wish to dispute the charge for dropping it, you will need the Last Date of Attendance form as well.
You may also incur charges for making any changes to your course schedule.
- $25.00 Late Registration fee (For students registering for the first time on or after the first day of the semester)
- $18.00 Change of Program fee applied to total transactions per day (For students who are already registered for the semester and who are changing/adjusting their schedule)